Reporting to: Head of Risk
Location: Remote with occasional visits to London Office
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours a week)
Role Type: All Employee
Main Purpose of Role
To support the Head of Risk in the identification, evaluation, and management of Duologi’s operational risks. Responsibilities include administration and oversight of the policy framework, risk control self-assessment (RCSA), risk reporting, and non-financial business risks. The role holder will build relationships with teams across the business as the 2nd line operational risk contact, helping to drive a proactive risk culture, obtaining inputs from the 1st line for risk forums, and feedback to 1st line teams on areas such as effectiveness of processes, operational resilience, and resolution of business issues.
Main Duties (non-exhaustive)
Operational Risk Oversight
– Working with all business areas to develop and maintain the Risk Registers.
– Develop and implement an effective programme of Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) reassessment to drive continuous improvement.
– Oversee the regular review of business policies, making sure they remain fit for purpose and that 1st line processes adhere to policy.
– Promote a proactive, risk aware culture with the 1st line, providing independent 2nd line feedback through formal meetings and documentation as well as ad-hoc discussions.
– Review and manage the business incident register, working with the compliance team to review, prioritise and escalate incidents as appropriate.
– Review planned and future business changes to identify new or emerging business risks.
Risk Forums & Communication
– Compile the monthly Executive Risk Forum pack, getting inputs from all relevant stakeholders.
– Use information from other forums and inputs from 1st line to prioritise discussion of key risks at the Exec Risk Forum.
– Support the Head of Risk in compiling risk MI and summary of key business risks to be used in quarterly reporting to the Board Risk Committee
– Take minutes and actions at the Exec Risk Forum and provide to attendees, making sure that key actions are followed up and completed to deadlines.
– Proactively seek out and use data to perform independent analysis of key risks or business issues, so that a constructive, independent 2nd line challenge and opinion can be provided.
– Minimum 3 years’ experience, ideally gained in a financial services company or similar professional services environment.
– Direct experience of managing Enterprise Risk frameworks is advantageous but not essential.
– Previous experience working on one or more of policy frameworks, RCSA, business continuity planning, business incident management, or risk register review and assessment.
– Good report writing, communication, and presentation skills.
– Knowledge of FCA regulations for consumer credit firms, such as CONC or Consumer Duty, is advantageous but not essential.
– Ability to build and maintain relationships with senior stakeholders.
– Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, capable of handling multiple streams
– Strong analytical skills with advanced excel knowledge, and ideally with coding experience in a database language such as SQL.
– Good standard of written and spoken English
– Work in line with our Company values
To apply, please click the below link and send your covering letter and CV along with your contact details.